Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My favourite Sports Minister Part 1

My career as a sports journalist kicked off in January 1992, after a month at the Berita Harian news desk and several weeks of intense apprenticeship at the fledgling Harian Metro.

Over the course of my lacklustre journalistic journey, I was privileged enough to have covered five Sports Ministers - Datuk Annuar Musa, Datuk Ghani Othman, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Mohd Yassin, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein and Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said.

If you were to ask me which one of them is my favourite, I will opt for Azalina, for certain.

Why? Because she kept on sending envoys (or business associates) to dissuade me from taking potshots at her in the Malay Mail!

Part deux - next change, coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bro,
she's a real piece of work la! Spending money like there's no tomorrow....who suffers now? The athletes & MSN/ISN.
Who gave her the idea of splitting MSN and ISN anyway? Leaving a pile of mess for the new sports minister. ISN is left without an "akta", tergantung macam tu saja...
now Tourism ministry is going to suffer...it will be interesting to see what 'brilliant' ideas she gonna come out with the promote Malaysia...doing a big promo using Brickendonbary perhaps??

Anonymous said...

Why ajalina ek?i think bro dalam banyak2 senior reporter u are the one yang dia minat sgt2 dgn u punya report.sentiasa sensasi,ada open letter,etc....mana ada newsppaper yng siar open letter to menteri,,,,,mm saja.tapi apa pun i paling suka surat u buat dr ramlan nd mr deep maya team.....heheheheh